Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Fam

I went to Texas a couple of weeks ago to hear my mom's senior vocal recital for her music program at the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor. (For anyone who didn't know, she is graduating with her bachelor's degree in vocal performance this weekend, and I'm so happy for her!!!!). Her recital was amazing. Really. It was awesome, and I was so glad to be there. Anyway, here's a picture of my family after the recital (We wished Jon and Jerry-Michalann's husband-could have been there too!) From left to right: Paul, Ellis, me, Julie, Jay, Michalann and baby, and Taylor. I love my family so much and was so grateful to be able to spend the week with them.

3 comments:

Emily said...

How fun to visit your family. It's always great to be able to go home. John is actually home in Utah right now.
That is so great your mom went back and got her bachelor's. Good for her!

Megan said...

Way to go mom! That is so awesome that she got her degree in vocal performance! Now I know where you get your gorgeous voice!!

katie and matt said...

How wonderful! I never knew that she didn't have her bachelors-- I still remember when she sang for our freshman choir class (promoting voice lessons I think? and I want to say she sang "Send In the Clowns... am I making this up?) and she seemed like a pro to me! :)