Joey's middle name could have been Brave. Or Reckless. We couldn't decide, so we settled on Porter.
Yesterday I took him out in the deep snow, and he had no fear. He didn't mind falling, face first, again and again. The only thing that bothered him was me trying to steady him. He wouldn't have any of that!
Today I took him out in the deep water (a.k.a. swimming pool), and, again, he had no fear. He didn't mind falling over again and again. The only thing that bothered him was me trying to steady him. The only time he let me steady him was when he took that one extra step into the water, to where it was so deep that his feet floated up under him. The whole time we were in the pool, he just walked and walked. And several times he walked straight down the slope into the deep (4-feet) water, taking a baby step at a time, holding his little chin up and blowing bubbles when necessary, until the water practically submerged him and he lost his footing. Only then would he accept my help.
I sure love that brave little guy.
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it. Christy, I love your writing style. It is always so well written and fun! I think the bravery must be a second child thing or something because Lillyanne also does some crazy things and just wants to be independent!
Post a Comment