Saturday, June 8, 2013

May the Force Be with You...

...Especially when "You" refers to parents who host a Star Wars birthday party for their son and nine of his 7-year-old friends.  We had a fun party for Tommy today, complete with asteroids, hot lava, light sabers, and a visit from Darth Vader himself.  We were grateful to all of his friends who came--rambunctious little seven-year-olds who love everything Star Wars including whacking each other with light sabers--thank goodness the party didn't end in a brawl!--but who were overall sweet, polite little boys.

Here are some pictures of the fun:

Hopping across a "dangerous planet"
 Lining up for the "alien walk" (four-legged-race)
 Light saber training (keep the balloons off the lawn)
 Impromptu light saber duals
 Waiting for Darth Vader
 Battling Darth Vader!!!
 Gleeful
 The awesome cake made by Risa (it's pretty sweet--excuse the pun--to have a professional chef as a friend!)
 Darth Vader already missing a leg even before getting the candy beaten out of him by a pack of hungry boys
 Walking across the hot lava
 Tommy and friends
 Defeating Daddy
 Daddy's a good sport!

Happy Birthday, Tommy!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Awesome! I love that you're updating your blog more frequently. I just might steal all of your ideas for a party for Andrew. I showed him the pictures and he said "I want to do that!" I especially loved your light sabers--what a great idea! We might need to make a set for our family. :) How fun! Lucky Tommy!