Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Survey: Do you like this chair?


I have a real problem with furniture shopping. It all started when we made the first major furniture purchase of our marriage--a sofa and loveseat--during my first trimester of pregnancy. I felt kind of nauseous at the store, and when we actually got the sofa and loveseat delivered to our home, my opinion towards them changed gradually from like to dislike to loath. I HATED them, partly because whenever I looked at them (or smelled them), it made me want to throw up. Needless to say, we had to return them to the store.


It was difficult to purchase a new sofa and loveseat, because by that point, even the thought of a furniture store made me want to gag (literally). With strong will against getting too sick at the store, however, we made a new, very different purchase (brown leather, versus the original light green microfiber). After the new set arrived, I tried not to look or think about it for a few days (and I breathed a lot through my mouth), and it has worked out great.


By about the 7th month of pregnancy, I could FINALLY think about going to a furniture store again without getting nauseous (although I still don't like it). So we took another step in furnishing our house, and bought a couple of accent chairs. But the saga continues. Yet again, we have them at our house, and I don't like them. Oops. One of the lovely chairs is shown above. Now it's not that they make me sick, just that I think I'll get tired of the print. So I think we're going to get a leather chair instead.


Any advice from anyone who is NOT a pervasive furniture-returner?


3 comments:

Megan said...

I can't really see the pattern of the chair, but the style of it looks cute. I like that it is different and not too big.

The Collingwood Family said...

I think it is a really cute chair, but looks too small and modern for the loveseat. I would go for a matching leather chair and spice the set up with a pretty throw or a couple pillows- I would like to have your furniture!

Jenny Nymoen said...

I LOVE that chair!!! We actually bought the same chair, along with a leather sofa, to go in our new basement. Then we realized that the sofa wouldn't fit through the side door, and cancelled the order. I think that poor chair has suffered enough rejection.