Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Never leave yummy temptations within childrens' reach...

Today as I stepped out of the shower, Tommy cheerfully said, "Mommy, juice, help!" as he held an open bottle of children's ibuprofen out toward me. Sure enough, his breath smelled like bubble gum, and I figured he'd drinken about 2 to 4 tablespoons (his normal dosage would be 1 teaspoon), and he was eagerly waiting for me to help him drink some more. Yikes! I called the Poison Control center, and they reassured me that he would just be extra tired and have a tummy ache. Sadly, the tummy ache must have outweighed the tiredness because he refused to go to sleep at naptime.

Poor little Tommy has been pretty sick--he had a fever of 104.7 last night! Luckily, the fever hasn't returned since the huge dose of "juice."

3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Hi, this is Allison Thomas, I saw your blog on Susan's site. First, congrats on Joseph, he looks perfect. :) I hope the adjustment is going well for Tommy.
2nd, do you have contact information for the Hublers? The number we have never reaches them, so I'm trying to find something else & I'm told you guys are friends. She told Jeff about a good used shopping place, but Jeff doesn't remember where...anyhow, if you do, please email me at jeffandalli@gmail.com
thanks!

katie and matt said...

Hi Christy! This is Katie (Riggs) Maxwell. I've been catching up on Michalann's blog, and found yours! Your children are beautiful, and I'm so happy for you!

Emily said...

Yikes! One disadvantage to yummy tasting medicine. I'm glad he's ok.