Friday, October 3, 2008

"Tommy time" and other 4-month adventures

At four months old, Joey is a whopping 19 lb. 15 oz.!!!!!!!! He's even more "off the growth charts" than he was at his two-month appointment! (Actually he's only in about the 70th percentile for height and head--it's just his chub that sets him apart.)

So here are some four-month updates:

First, and most important, he slept for 12 hours straight last night before I finally woke him up! (I think this might have been a fluke because of his shots yesterday, but still, it was sweet.)

Also, I try to make sure he gets his "tummy time" every day, but from the very beginning, Tommy has always called it "Tommy time" and plops right down by Joey every time. They love each other. I'm always on pins and needles while Tommy plays with Joey's arms, legs, or whatever, watching like a hawk to make sure he's not hurting him. Joey just smiles. And he laughed yesterday for the first time!
Enough about Joey. Yesterday I took the boys to a pretend farm--you know, the kind that is just a fall attraction for kids. Tommy got to drive a tractor...
... pulling pumpkins. Very cute. Also, it might be hard to tell in the picture below, but there's a little pond in the background. Maybe Tommy thought it was just a big puddle. I'm not sure. He started walking toward it excitedly. As I realized he wasn't slowing down, I said, "Stop, Tommy, stop." But what did he do? He went, Tommy, went. Right into the pond. As soon as he realized the depth of the water, he fell face first into it. (Fortunately, his head didn't actually go under; he was just completely drenched from the waist down.) One of my friends commented that I was so graceful in just getting him right out without making a big deal of it. But in reality, I was just trying to hide my own embarrassment. I mean, what kind of mom lets their toddler run right into a pond?
Last, but not least, I'll comment on the bird below. It was huge, and was wandering around freely (not fenced in). Yikes. We didn't get too close! Tommy thinks it says "Cock-a-go-glee-go-glee-go."
Thanks for reading this very long post!!!

4 comments:

jeff and alli said...

You don't need to be embarrassed about Tommy in the water, not a big deal. :)

And I think it is adorable that they have Tommy Time. I hope Rees is like that whenever we have a number 2.

Emily said...

I can't believe he almost weighs 20 pounds! I love the chub!
And that story about Tommy and the pond is hilarious. You can't be embarrassed. Kids will be kids!

Natalie said...

How did you, the skinniest girl I know, end up with an off the charts chunky baby? I LOVE it! I just wish I could kiss those chunky cheeks in person. I love the "Tommy Time"--so cute! Your little guys are awesome and I am so proud of you for going on outings with TWO kids. What a gal!

Megan said...

Wow, "Tommy Time" is about the cutest thing I have ever heard. That picture of Joey and Tommy makes me want to have another baby right away. What sweet boys you have!!