Wednesday, October 22, 2008

We love the farm.

I really do love farms. I love the smell of horses, even if it includes the smell of their manure. And I like to see animals roaming around, even if it means stepping in the occasional cow pie. I also try to enjoy autumn to its fullest extent possible (I'm afraid if I didn't make a point of enjoying it, it would just make me sad since it marks the end of summer). For some reason I associate autumn with farms (and pumpkin patches and apple orchards), and sure enough, we've been to three so far. Tommy and I went on a special little date to the third farm, while Nani tended Joey (and Jon was at work). I made a point of NOT taking too many pictures (so that we could just relax and enjoy the scenery and activities), but here are two that I did take:
Tommy tried to feed this dog dirt. I think he thought that since we fed hay to the donkeys, and corn to the goats (at another farm), dogs would be perfectly happy with dirt. And horses with leaves (he tried that too).
Tommy was in heaven in this hay maze. It was just his size. He also could have gone on a "pony ride" on one of the horses behind him, but they were too tall for me to even get him on (he said no and wrapped his legs around me, or it might have been easier). Next time, maybe.

2 comments:

Jensine Kinser said...

How fun. What a great way to spend the end of summer--I'm afraid to say fall b/c I don't like the sound of winter either. I like the pictures of Tommy and Joey--is Tommy reading to Joey?

Natalie said...

You would fit right in in my neck of the woods. Come on over!!!