I considered skipping family home evening last night because Jon was in Chicago, and so our family wasn't even complete, and I didn't think Tommy would realize we were missing it. But I decided to do it anyway, and about halfway through, I was so glad that I did. We had our usual lesson, songs, and family home evening treat. While we were singing songs, Tommy suddenly asked, "Is Mommy a child of God?" Then he answered, "Yes!" He continued, "Is Daddy a child of God? Yes! Is Joey a child of God? Yes! Is Tommy a child of God? Yes!"
You see, two weeks ago we began teaching Tommy family home evening lessons out of the new Nursery manual, and the first lesson was "I Am a Child of God." Part of the lesson was going through this exact activity that Tommy was repeating...only when we did it with him two weeks ago, he never really answered the question, so Jon and I just asked and answered while he listened.
I was so grateful last night when he showed that he remembered, and he understood. I really felt the Spirit confirming that we are children of God, and I was so grateful to have had another opportunity to teach Tommy.
After going through each member of our family, Tommy picked up his stuffed bear and asked, "Is Bear a child of God?" Then he paused. I just smiled and said, "Yes!"
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love this story!! I love the spirit children have. Every time the kids sing "I am a Child of God" in primary it always makes me a little choked up. Thanks for the testimony of FHE!
Oh how cute! I love it when they show you how much they actually do listen and learn. So glad to hear that Bear is a child of God too :)
I love this story, too! Thanks for sharing!
Sweet story Christy!
Christy, that is so sweet, thanks for sharing. It just shows they are soaking up more than I sometimes realize.
Post a Comment