Well, one of our mouse traps finally proved its worth. But we're not quite sure what we caught. It sort of looked like a small black mouse, but it had a short tail (shorter than its body), very tiny eyes, almost imperceptible ears, and weird toe nails (claws?) that were bigger on its front paws than on its back paws. If you're wondering about my very detailed description, yes, I did examine it carefully. Now I have its disgusting image etched in my memory!
So as crazy as this sounds, we actually suspect that we might have caught...a MOLE! This also might explain some of the weird behavior it exhibited, including not eating very frequently (at least as far as we could tell), not being attracted to some of our traps, and, weirdest of all, pulling one of Tommy's small toys up into the unfinished wall in our basement storage room (we could see it sticking out from the insulation).
According to the vast amount of information available on the world wide web, it's extremely rare to have a mole in one's home, so we're still assuming it was a mouse. But we did have a mole in our yard in this summer (one was caught by a professional), and this creature did look odd...
Anyway, I think this will be the end of my Mouse-Saga-Blog-Commentary, because I don't want you to all be grossed out about our house. Let's just say that the problem is now solved (or will be within a few days after some poison works its magic on any critters that might remain), and that our house is a great, clean place to visit!
But it was very therapeutic to be able to share my woes. Thank goodness for the blog.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hate it when living creatures live in my house. We had a mouse or two one time, and I just couldn't even sleep at night--it was so unnerving! :) I'm glad you finally caught it--whatever IT is.
Post a Comment