Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Third Birthday, Tommy!

It's hard to believe that three years have gone by since Tommy was born. He's so amazing! We love him so much that it sometimes overwhelms us, especially when we watch him sleeping. There's just so much spirit bundled into that little body. We feel the same way about Joey too.

Tommy had a wonderful birthday, including a great Finding Nemo birthday party with several of his friends and cousins. Here are some pictures...


Tommy and Joey playing at their new sink (Joey's b-day present)



A birthday cake, a juice box, and a party blower--what could make a kid happier?


Lots of friends, some with shaving cream in their hair!

Tommy in his "seat of honor" with Seth helping open a cool gorilla

Look how he loves his present!

The pool, along with the slip 'n slide, sink, and shaving cream made the party crazy! I mean fun!

If you'll humor me, here are some things I love about Tommy:

  • The sweet little songs he makes up about whatever he is doing
  • When he asks me to read "one more scripure" at bedtime
  • His "Crazy Smile" that makes Joey laugh so hard
  • How he recognizes and loves gospel principles
  • When he quietly drives a car up and down his leg or his pillow
  • His "big jumps" down the stairs (when they don't result in a sprained ankle)
  • If there's a sewer grate or a manhole cover, you can be sure Tommy will want to ride his trike over it.
  • How he already knows his ABCs
  • How he starts riding his trike around and around the car the second we go out to the garage
  • All the funny things he says...too many to name
  • His big hugs and sweet little kisses
  • How mine and Jon's kisses make his hurts go away (although sometimes he wants me to kiss his foot, his bum, etc...)

I know any mom or dad could make a similar list about their children, so if you made it to the end of this one, I appreciate it. Actually that wasn't even the end. I could go on and on about both Tommy and Joey. Despite the difficulties, being a parent is definitely worth it.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

What fun boys! That's so awesome their birthdays are so close--lots of great things to celebrate! I love the sink you got them. Garrett would love that!

Susan said...

YAY!!! That means my Mckenna is coming up too!!! Miss you guys!

Jensine Kinser said...

I love that in each of the pictures you can see how much Tommy is totally loving his birthday. I really do like the idea of shaving cream--lots of foam and squirting power :)