Friday, June 19, 2009

3-Year Old Conversations

One morning we were listening to the birds singing outside when Tommy suddenly asked, "Mommy, why do the birds say tweet, tweet, tweet?""That's just how they talk, Tommy," I replied."Maybe they want a treat and some cookies," he answered!

******

A couple of evenings ago we were outside, and he was looking way up to the top of a tree where a bird was singing loudlly. "Mom, that bird is talking to me!" he told me excitedly!

******

As we were driving home on the freeway last night, Tommy started asking Jon to drive "over that bump...over that funny bump." (We weren't sure exactly what he was referring to, but it's not unusual for him to comment on going up hills, down hills, under tunnels, and around corners when we're driving.)So, anyway, Tommy said, "Daddy, let's go over that funny bump!"Jon: "Do you like that bump in the road, Tommy?"Tommy: "Yes. It's like a flash light."Jon: "How is that?"Tommy: "I don't know."

3 comments:

Jensine Kinser said...

Hahaha--I love it! I love that you now have a comparison to a flashlight that you can only guess as to why it was made. So cute!

Emily said...

He is so cute! I love the funny things little kids say!

Jill said...

Thanks for sharing the funny things Tommy says! Kids are so fun, and your boys are getting so big!