Sunday, August 30, 2009

For the Family Journal...

We don't want history to slip away, so here are some other updates for our "family journal."
  • Jon and Christy celebrated our SEVENTH anniversary! We are best friends and love each other so much!
  • The anniversary, in and of itself, was a milestone. But the (possibly) bigger milestone was leaving Tommy and Joey overnight with their grandparents for the first time, while we enjoyed 24 hours of freedom at the Waterpark of America hotel and indoor water park. It was very fun for everyone!
  • Joey learned to walk and got his first haircut, so he's officially a big boy now. He also learned to push the handicap button on public doors, so get ready world, here he comes.
  • We got our first gas grill and patio dining set, and have already entertained friends with them three times, the most recent being our Ward Choir Party, which was really fun. (It was Jon's first time doing "mass grilling" and he did great.) All BYU fans who read this blog, the fun will really begin in a couple of weeks!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

7 years! That is crazy. I'm so glad to say I knew you both at the beginning of your love. I'm sure your relationship never would have made it without my pep talks with Jon after our English class. :) I love that the two of you went to a water park for your anniversary!

jeff and alli said...

Happy Anniversary. 24 hours of spouse alone time sounds like heaven. :)

How fun to have a new grill. I love the smell of barbecues.

Jensine Kinser said...

Congrats on seven years! How nice to spend a day away and know that the boys are with people you totally trust, and they enjoy as well. I'll have to tell Isaac Joey is a big boy now, as I think he thinks Joey's name is actually "baby Joey". :)