Sunday, July 28, 2013

Joey's Temporary Best Friend

Joey bestows the word "best friend" on a new person almost every day.  But I thought this particular instance was funny:


The boys caught this baby grasshopper, and after it hopped off Joey's hand, he began holding it more tightly.
So I said, "Joey, don't hold it like that.  I don't think it likes it.  It might hurt it."
Joey's reply: "I have to hold it like this, because I want it to be our prisoner.  I love it so much.  It's my best friend!  And if I don't make it our prisoner, I'll never see it again!"
Joey (continuing to catch and hold it tightly a few more times): "I just love it so much!"
Tommy (trying to reason with him): "Joey, if you love it so much, don't hold it like that because it might die!"

I'm not sure what eventually happened to the grasshopper, but it was better than the time last summer when they caught a big one, brought it inside, and then were too scared to take it back out again!

Anyway, that was just a short piece of a long day, but I thought it was worth remembering.

No comments: