Sunday, August 10, 2008

Seven-and-a-half hours straight!!!!

Really, the point of this post was to say that Joey slept through the night--TWICE--last week (Thursday and Friday night)!!! We didn't get a picture of that (since I was SLEEPING), so I settled for this one we took of Tommy in the bathtub this morning instead. Pretty crazy hair, huh?! Anyway, last night, Joey slept 5 hours and 15 minutes, which is still okay. But we're totally looking forward to the nights (the plural of that word is important) when Joey sleeps consistently through the night! Let's hope this week was a sign of good things coming!

(Caveat: I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much yet, because we had a similar exciting couple of nights with Tommy at about this age, but they didn't last...he didn't really sleep through the night until he was fourteen months old--and for that matter, he didn't even sleep through the night LAST night! So if anyone has a magic solution, or even a really good solution, for getting babies to sleep through the night, we'd welcome the advice! Also feel free to take the polls at the left!)


4 comments:

Emily said...

I obviously don't have any advice for sleeping. But I love that picture of Tommy! How cute!

Jensine Kinser said...

Wow, Tommy looks a lot like John now! Maybe you should take a picture of them with both their hair like that just to see :)

Megan said...

I don't know what to tell you on the sleeping thing. It seems like Joey is doing well though! Tate started sleeping through the night around 7 or 8 months and then in the last month, he started waking up again. Dang teethies..Now, he sleeps through the night every other night like clockwork. What do I do about that??

Natalie said...

I have some great advice...STOP NURSING! Just kidding! ;) I think good sleeping is all in the genes. You are an eyewitness to my sleeping abilities, and I am proud to have passed them on to my little guy. He started sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks. He has a bad night occasionally, but he's usually a heavy little sleeper. Joey is welcome for a sleepover anytime!