Sunday, August 17, 2008

Six Very Happy Years!!

Jon and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary on board a yacht, cruising around the beautiful Lake Minnetonka. The captain of the boat pointed out all the extravagant real estate along the shores, and gave us the inside scoop on who owned what mansion, how much one sold for last year ($8 million--it was originally listed at $13 million), how many indoor (or outdoor) pools each one had, etc. It was very fun. And I was very proud of myself for leaving both boys with a babysitter for the long evening out. We actually took this dinner cruise the night before our anniversary, which was yesterday, August 16th.
The day of our anniversary, we celebrated as a family...

Eating breakfast (at noon) at Good Day Cafe.

We had, if you can believe, "glazed donut pancakes"--Jon and Tommy (and Christy too) were in heaven enjoying the crazy combination of both Tommy's and Jon's favorite breakfast foods (pancakes and donuts, respectively). The pancakes actually did taste a lot like Minnesota State Fair mini donuts. We also had a fabulous fried egg sandwich. And our waitress brought us a cupcake to celebrate our anniversary.


The pancakes and fried egg sandwich weren't the only good things at the Good Day Cafe!

We took some pictures of Joey later in the evening--He is, after all, the newest blessing that has come to us as a result of our marriage.


And who would have thought that such blessings could begin at The Glenwood?

10 comments:

katie and matt said...

Congratulations! :)

~Katie

stacey said...

congrats!! ahhh, the glenhood!! i love it. who would have thought anything good would have come from there!! lol.

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy!! This is Carrie (Graves) Catt. Your boys are so cute! We have a 2 month old little girl.. Brynlee Jordyn Catt. Check out my myspace... www.myspace.com/carriecatt05
Hope to catch up with you!

The Collingwood Family said...

congrats! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Jenny Nymoen said...

Wow, Christy, you look fantastic--I can't believe you just had a baby two months ago!

I thought of you yesterday when I signed up for membership at the new Costco in Maplewood! :)

Emily said...

Happy Anninversary!
I lived at the Glenhood my freshman year! So many memories! I had forgotten you two met there (or did I ever know?)
The dinner cruise looked like it was a lot of fun! We need to get together soon!

Jill said...

Congratulations Christy & Jon!! I'm glad you got to have a fun night together.

Jensine Kinser said...

Congrats! It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun!

Megan said...

Wow, I can't believe it has been six years. I guess you guys are professional married people now. :) Who WOULD have thought so many good things could come out of the Glenwood? Both you and Nat were able to find love!! Congrats!!

Natalie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! I still remember your wedding and how beautiful you were. Did somebody forget to tell you that you just had a baby and you're not supposed to be looking so hot? Silly girl.

The breakfast place looks awesome, but I just have a few questions.
1. What about the Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity?
2. Did you order your eggs well done?

As for the Glenwood...it's still just a shame that you and Jon never had what Patrick and I had. ;) Aren't we glad we struck gold in the Glenhole? Sometimes you do have to dig through the swamp to find the pearl!