Joey's about three and a half months old now, so it's probably time for another update!!! Look how big he's gotten:

You might have noticed that he's lost some hair on the sides of his head. But not to worry--now he's got a pretty sweet mullet to brag about.

He's also inherited the "explosive nose smile" from me. I'm not kidding--he seriously does it! I couldn't quite capture it on film, since it only lasts a second--this was the closest I could get:

Joey's doing just fine at night...he still usually wakes up once after about 6 hours, but occasionally he sleeps longer, and he even recently slept from 9 pm until 6:30 am! He can make such a sad face, though, that I'll never be able to let him "cry it out" if he doesn't soon get it on his own. So I'm hoping he'll really start sleeping through the night for good soon and it won't come to that. He still needs a little help falling asleep for naps and bedtime (we're working on that). This is what happened when I tried to let him rock himself to sleep:

Just kidding...I'd never let that cute little guy rock
himself to sleep.
Now for Tommy: He's an extremely cute boy, but somehow I don't have an extremely cute picture of him at the moment, so here's a picture of his favorite toy instead:

Actually, there's a story behind this truck. An embarrassing one. Tommy's a pretty good talker. He says whole sentences now, and even told Auntie Becky "I
love it" when she tried on a cute sweater with me at H&M last night. (He was just copying what I said, but she was still persuaded to buy it!) However, Tommy does have trouble with one sound--"tr." So "train" sounds like "fain," "trike" sounds like "fike," "truck" sounds like.... you get the idea! Well, we were at a McDonald's playland a couple of weeks ago, and Tommy was proudly carrying around a little toy fire truck, until a little 4 or 5-year old boy came up to me, with his arm around Tommy, and gently said, "Tell your mommy what you said." Poor Tommy was clueless, but
I instantly figured out what had happened. So I interjected that he was only two and didn't quite know how to talk yet. I said, "He was just telling you about his fire truck. He was saying 'truck.'" The little boy was unconvinced, however, and still quite concerned. "But what
I heard him say was..." he began. I cut him off and tried to explain again. Finally the little boy dejectly left us and went to tell his mommy. Needless to say, we didn't stay much longer. Sadly, there are quite a few trucks in our nursery classroom at church. Yikes.
Finally, an update about myself: I was so inspired by Jill's blog that I've started running! By "started running" I mean that yesterday morning I ran for 17 minutes. Woo hoo! I'm planning on running tonight too, and a few times a week from now on! I'm so excited!
4 comments:
You guys look great! I love the chubs on that kid...and the truck word, haha. I've heard lots of stories of that happening (very normal) but never actually knew someone. haha...Tell John hello from us!
Yes, I am laughing out loud because of the truck story. Such a good one!
joey is so cute. i thought at first you were saying that john had a mullet!! i think he should grow one to match!
Joey's getting so big! And I hope Tommy's not teaching all the other kids in nursery some naughty words! :) I'm so happy that you started running! I hope you love it!
Post a Comment