Monday, July 11, 2011
Innocence
My boys are pretty sheltered. Okay, they’re very sheltered. I don’t let them watch hardly anything violent, and I even sometimes censor the scriptures, although I’m getting better. I was recently telling them the story of Samson, and leading up to the part of him pushing over the columns and killing all the people, I was telling him that the people were bad, very bad. But I wasn’t sure how to explain that to a five and three year old, so I said that they were stealing, killing, not keeping the commandments, and saying bad things. “Like ‘stupid,’ Tommy asked?” “Yes,” I said solemnly, “and even worse things too.” “Like butt?!” was Tommy’s response. “Butt is the baddest word!” Truly, those are the very worst words Tommy knows. And I am so grateful that he is so innocent. This picture of him sleeping with his baby doll Boo Boo (who he’s grown attached to just within the past couple of days) says it all:
And sweet Joey too:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Awesome. I love what the worst word is that they came up with. What's funny is that I totally know what you mean. I wonder if I asked what my boys would say? Isn't it amazing how peaceful they look at night, hard to believe the crazy things they do during the day when they look like that.
Post a Comment