I have been so proud of Tommy lately!
First, there was his class play last week. The play was entirely in Spanish, and for a few weeks, Tommy was a little lost in translation, thinking he was playing the part of a blender. I wasn't going to break the news to him that he was actually "Mr. Teapot," and that his line (in response to Mary who was looking for her little lamb) meant "No, I've been serving cups of tea all day; I haven't seen your little lamb." But the truth came out when he saw his homemade costume.
Then, on Sunday, he came home from church with a specific scripture reference he'd learned about in primary (John 14:16-17). He wanted to look it up for our family scripture study that night. He remembered the reference and even what it was about (that we can pray to Heavenly Father when we need help.) He read it to our whole family. Tommy is a great reader...in two languages!
I was also proud today when we had about 4 inches of snow (in April!), and Tommy shoveled Jon's side of the driveway. I didn't even ask him to do it, and he did a really good job. When I thanked him, he said he was just doing Jon's side because "Daddy's car doesn't have those brakes that work well on snow (anti-lock brakes)." Tommy's awesome.
I was also pondering last night on the fact that Tommy gets along very well with each of his brothers, which is a huge help in a chaotic house like ours. Thank you, Tommy, for being such a great kid.
1 comment:
Hehe, I can just imagine how changing from a blender to teapot might feel. :) How cute though! And very neat that he can read in two languages!
Post a Comment