It was a bitter sweet day for everyone, though. Out of the blue that morning, he said, "Joey, I'll miss you." That melted our hearts. Joey seemed a little confused as to why Tommy didn't come home with us after we dropped him off, and asked about him a couple of times, but otherwise did fine. I was probably the saddest--after all, this is the first step in losing that special time and bond that Tommy and I have. Anyone who's spent any time with our family knows that Tommy and Joey are both serious Momma's Boys. They love Jon too, of course, and probably think he's funner than me, but they come running to me whenever they really need something. It makes me sad to give that up, even if it's just for a few hours two days a week.
Ah, the sorrow/joy of being a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment