Saturday, September 11, 2010

Junior Book Club



There's an amazingly sweet lady at our church who did a kids' bookclub this summer--in other words, an extra special story time at her home including outdoor games and fun snacks. The boys loved it, especially the grand finale with rootbeer floats.



I kept forgetting to take my camera to book club, but the above picture taken in Joey's bedroom shows how much they love books.


Even Joey, who used to insist that books be held upside down, and who wouldn't let me read to him if he was aware that I was doing it, now lets me read to him as long as we follow certain routines:


1. He begins each book by saying, "Why, why, story, story."

2. He gets to turn every page himself.

3. If there is a train on the page, he must say, "Chugga chugga choo choo"-- before I can say anything. If there are multiple trains, he has to say it multiple times.

4. The book is not over until he has closed the cover. (Never skip over that last blank page!)

No comments: